After reconfiguring the Z-Axis control we proceeded to make a drawing consisting of (roughly) 1700 dots. It took around 100 min for it to complete the entire drawing and we only ran into one clogging issue along the way, maintaining the dot size and spread fairly consistently.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
There have been about 4 or 5 moments when Nick and I have given each other a high five after doing something with this machine... and this was one of those. The first successful 2.5 axis vector plot. We had a couple more kinks to work out, but a $5 run to the hardware store and 15-min of work were all it took.
After the plane we moved on to a new drawing. We wanted to do a drawing that only the machine could do and not a skilled human with an airbrush. Well... maybe someone else could do it, but it would be difficult.